Join Our Team
We are growing a team from scratch to design and build new open source solutions for science using the latest technologies.
See also available Datavyu positions.
Research Data Library Back-end Developer
The Databrary project seeks a motivated programmer to help build an open source web-based data library. You will work with other developers and data curators to develop back-end interfaces and tools to enable behavioral researchers to search, collaborate, store, explore, and present research datasets.
- Work with a small team to implement search and data management tools and web APIs.
- Design, implement, test, and validate web framework controllers in Scala.
- Learn, understand, reorganize, and index research data as needed for better integration with the site.
- Implement dynamic and modular web application to organize, present, and manipulate research materials.
- Background in CS or other relevant field and functional programming experience in OCaml, Haskell, Scala, or Clojure
- Knowledge of modern relational database, indexing, video, and web technologies such as PostgreSQL, solr, ffmpeg, and play
- Understanding of security and ethical concerns around sensitive data
- Familiarity with standard UNIX development tools such as git
- 2-5 years of software development experience
- History of contributions to open source projects
- Experience creating data processing pipelines and RESTful interfaces for structured data
- Basic understanding of scientific practices and research tools, such as Matlab, SPSS, or R
Salary range competitive with senior level academic positions plus full NYU benefits, including health and tuition remission.
Send the following to email@example.com:
- One page cover letter (PDF)
- Links to open source contributions/samples
- Resume (PDF)